Does your home look clean and tidy because the mess is hiding behind closed doors?
Marion Invermee-Villarosa, Director of A Place of Calm, explains that when clutter starts to infiltrate our homes, it often impacts our mental state and our physical space.
• You may start to feel overwhelmed, stressed, and anxious
• You find it difficult to make decisions so avoid dealing with the clutter
• You become embarrassed about your cluttered home, becoming isolated from friends and family
• The dust builds up, mould may appear, even the mice are finding their way in
• Trip hazards are becoming an issue
If this is you, Marion highlights the positive reasons to declutter:
• It will help decrease your overwhelm, stress and anxiety
• As the clutter leaves, you can breathe easier – cleaner air • You know where things are, and everything has a neat, organised home
• You start to see things with more clarity
• It takes away those fire and trip hazards
• It makes room for the important things in your life such as friends and family
Acknowledging that you may have a clutter issue is the first step to taking action.
If you would like more information about dealing with clutter in your home, reach out to the Ingenia Connect team.
We Connect, We Support, We Care
Our team is only a call away on
1800 797 625 or via email at