The Ingenia Connect team are here to assist you with all your wellbeing and support service needs. Our team of health professionals have a wide range of health and aged care experience and can assist you with navigating the range of support available, provide you with advocacy support with fees and service quality and help simplify the aged care funding approval process.
How it works
Ingenia Connect is a concierge style service which assists you to connect with the level of help you many need to continue living independently. This might be a little help with maintaining your home or garden or to take a trip to the shops or possibly transport to an appointment. Maybe you need some help to care for your pet, or help with technology such as an emergency call pendant, an iPad or computer or perhaps you want to get a gathering of friends or a trip out.
Commonwealth Home Support Program
What is it?
The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) is a Government subsidised program for over 65s who just need a little bit of extra support.
With CHSP, the focus is on working with you, rather than taking over and doing it all for you. It’s about building on what you can do, to help you stay in your home – independent and safe.
How can Ingenia Connect help?
Ingenia Connect can take all of the anxiety out of identifying services, obtaining funding approvals and finding a reputable provider of services by doing all this work for you. Ingenia Connect will also assist you to negotiate any fees and once your services have started the Ingenia Connect team will follow up to check you are happy with the quality and friendliness of the carer and will visit you annually to check if your support needs have changed. Additional support is then arranged for you in accordance with your wishes.
For your home
- Home cleaning
- Home cooked meals
- Window cleaning
- Gutter cleaning
For your health
- Finding a GP if you are new to the area
- Personal care
- Aids on daily living to assist with mobility and flexibility
- Nursing support
Commonwealth Homecare Packages Program
What is it?
We understand that you want to continue living in your home, for as long as possible. We can help with that. We help you stay home, stay connected and stay in charge.
You can tailor your home care package to your requirements and remain with you as your advocate and will arrange additional support if your needs change.
What is a home care package (HCP)?
The Commonwealth Homecare package program offers a wider range of services for people that have a need for a coordinated range of care and support. People are approved for a specific level of care (Levels 1 -4) depending on need with funding allocated to the client to match the level of homecare package. The funding is allocated to you the client but is managed by an Approved Provider of services.
How can Ingenia Connect help?
Ingenia Connect take all of the anxiety out of identifying services, obtaining funding approvals and finding a reputable provider of services by doing all this work for you. Ingenia Connect will also assist you to negotiate any fees and once your services have started the Ingenia Connect team will follow up to check you are happy with the quality and friendliness of the carer and will visit you annually to check if your support needs have changed. Additional support is then arranged for you in accordance with your wishes.
The types of services available under a homecare package can be any service required to support your independence and can include but are not limited to:
- Finding a GP if you are new to the area.
- Personal care such as bathing, showering, toileting, dressing and undressing, mobility and communication.
- Nutrition and meal preparation such as preparing meals, including special diets, assistance with eating utensils and feeding.
- Continence management such as assistance suing continence aids, commode chairs, bedpans and urinals and catheters.
- Mobility and dexterity such as providing crutches, walkers, walking sticks, mechanical lifters, bed rails, slide sheets and pressure relieving mattresses.
- Nursing, allied health and therapy services such as podiatry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, hearing and vision services.
- Transport and personal assistance with shopping, attending appointments and social activities.
- Management of skin integrity such as wound management, bandages, skin emollients and dressings.
- Technology such as emergency call pendants, tele-health monitoring and technology used for communication such as iPads, computers etc